Tuesday 25 June 2013

Adieus

Finally, I am done with my engineering.  Four years of fuss have finally come to a close.  
  
Recalling the days when I took admission in the college, I remember how I used to hate everything about it. I hated the sessionals, the viva voce, the externals, the submissions - the whole nine yards . Frankly speaking, I was like those last bench students in college,who are consistently poor in attendance, which is just diametrically opposite to what I used to be in my school days. I was literally a book-worm in my school days and the situation was somewhat same, though not exact, even in my junior college days. But college was a whole new ball game for me.


Whatsoever, college has cut both ways. It has been influential in changing my personality. I learnt some of life`s most important lessons during these four years. I wasn`t very comfortable with the college atmosphere. It wasn’t that I am not very good at socializing or something.  In fact, given my outgoing nature, I can interact well with people. But due to some of my early experiences, I learnt that I wasn`t a kid no more and people were going to be mean and selfish. And so I chose to be with only a few friends who I could trust. I learnt being diplomatic and also learnt differentiating between what’s good and bad.

As days passed, I learnt going with the flow. I started adjusting to all the changes that the college culture brought in. I started understanding that there wasn’t any escaping to all this and coping up with it, for the rest of the four years, was the only way out. The semester pattern meant studying all the year round. I used to just fiddle around at the start of the session and then used to take to eleventh hour studying in the preparation leaves. I learnt giving in to situations. But all this didn’t really keep me from bunking lectures. That was my pet hate. (laugh out loud)

Luckily, I have had some really good girlfriends at college. We were like sisters under the skin. We used to have fun in the college, bunk lectures, gossip, laugh at stuff that hardly made any sense. We had a blast all four years. I miss all the time I have spent with them.

Looking back at it, I don’t really miss my college days dramatically like everybody else does. There are some of my friends who get all nostalgic about college and just jump for joy at the very idea of going back to college again. But I never really miss it like that, because honestly college has never really excited me though it has influenced me and changed me. But I would not really like to go through all the fuss again. The only thing I miss about my college life are my friends who were my partner in crime in bunking lectures and lazing around in college. I miss wandering aimlessly in the college corridors, chatting with my girlfriends about every petty thing except academics. I miss the fun part. I miss the time I have passed uselessly.

At the end of it all, as I turn over a new leaf in my life, I feel an added burden of responsibility on my shoulders. I feel the need and pressure to prove myself in life. I am sure that all the positives I have taken from college are going to help me in my life ahead. I hope this proves to only add to my good experiences.

5 comments:

  1. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you are spoken communication is totally true. i do know that everyone should say a similar factor, however I simply assume that you simply place it in an exceedingly method that everybody will perceive. i am positive you may reach such a lot of folks with what you've to mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your skilled approach. These square measure items of terribly helpful data which will be of nice use on behalf of me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

    ReplyDelete